With "The Later Years 1987 - 2019", Pink Floyd 2019 presents another gigantic show of works in the tradition of the "The Early Years 1965 - 1972" box set released in 2016.
This time, however, the set focuses on the later period of British rock legends, when Roger Waters left the band and David Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason continued without him.
"The Later Years 1987 - 2019" is available in the form of a best-of album as standard CD and double LP. But the absolute highlight for all fans is the box set with five CDs, one Blu-ray Audio, five Blu-ray Discs, five DVDs and two 7" singles.
Included therein: The albums "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" and "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" as remixes by David Gilmour and Andy Jackson. The former was also "updated".
In addition, there are more than six hours of previously unreleased audio material and over seven hours of unseen audio visuals from the albums "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason", "The Division Bell" and "The Endless River".
Further highlights are the previously unreleased complete audio recording and the remastered films of the 1989 concert in Venice and the legendary Knebworth concert in 1990.
There is also new material from the rehearsals for "Pulse" and the complete Ian Emes film "The Endless River".
In addition, the last Pink Floyd gig with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright at the Syd Barrett Tribute Concert in 2007, which is being released here for the very first time on Blu-ray, DVD and 7" vinyl
The Later Years 1987 - 2019" is rounded off by various exciting memorabilia, including reproductions of tour programmes, a text book and a 60-page photo book. The respective track listings and contents of the box can be found below.Absolutely impressive: "The Later Years 1987 - 2019" takes a comprehensive look at the late career of Pink Floyd - with many rarities that have finally found their way to the light of day
The box at a glance:
- 5 CDs in a separate 40-page hardcover book with a description of the content, track listing and detailed description, details and credits.
CD 1: "A Momentary Lapse Of Reason" Remixed & Updated (51 min.)
CD 2 & 3: "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" Remixed (140 min.)
CD 4: Live Recordings, 1987 & 1994 Unreleased Studio Recordings (65 min.)
CD 5: Knebworth Concert 1990 (57 min)
- 6 Blu-ray Discs, each in its own gatefold cover with special cover art, track listing and release credits for the music The discs are in a plastic protective cover in a pouch.
Blu-ray 1: Surround & Hi-res audio mixes (152 min.)
Blu-ray 2: "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" Restored & Remixed (120 min)
Blu-ray 3: "Pulse" Restored & Re-edited (145 min)
Blu-ray 4: Venice Concert 1989 & Knebworth Concert 1990 (147 min)
Blu-ray 5: Unreleased Live Films, Music Videos & Concert Screen Films (154 min.)
Blu-ray 6: Documentaries & Unreleased Material (122 min.)
- 5 DVDs (with the same content as the Blu-rays 2-6), each in its own gatefold cover with special cover art, track listing and release credits for the music
- Two 7" vinyl singles in brand new illustrated sleeves. Includes Pink Floyd's Arnold Layne performance at the 2007 Syd Barrett Tribute Concert and "Lost For Words" from rehearsals for the "Pulse" tour at Earl's Court
- 60 page hardcover book with photos, designed by Aubrey Powell of Hipgnosis and Peter Curzon of StormStudios, with many previously unseen motifs. A newly created set of reproductions of tour programs (Pink Floyd World Tour 1987 / 1988, Pink Floyd Live 1989, Pink Floyd European Tour 1994) and a brand new textbook designed by Aubrey Powell of Hipgnosis and Peter Curzon of StormStudios.
- A collection of reproduced memorabilia, including tour passes, stickers and posters, all faithfully reprinted and in a prestige card envelope.
Reviews"The remastered pulse still sounds bombastic, also Delicate Sound Of Thunder has the remastering audible for the first time, the film of the last Album The Endless River. Without a doubt the Venice gig from the Year 1989 highly impressive pictures of this spectacle, where the specially erected stage on the Markusplatz by lined with the obligatory luxury yachts will be." (Good Times, December 2019 / January 2020)
"A powerful edition for the fan who really wants it all." [stereoplay, january 2020]