50 Years Anthology 1970-1976 Limited Collector's Edition -9CDs & 2DVDs
Data aparitiei: 13.11.2020
Casa de discuri: Red Bullet
The Dutch prog rock band Focus has been a household name worldwide for 50 years with hits like "Hocus Pocus", "House Of The King", "Sylvia", "Tommy" and many more.
In honor of this monumental band, Red Bullet Productions will release a new box set: Focus - 50 Years: Anthology 1970-1976, consisting of 9 CDs and 2 DVDs with remasters and never before released material, such as the concert film "Focus At The Rainbow" from 1973.
This box contains the complete work of Focus as it was released between 1970 and 1976, the years when the band performed with four of the most talented musicians from the Netherlands in the 70s: guitarist Jan Akkerman, keyboardist Thijs van Leer, bassist Bert Ruiter and drummer Pierre van der Linden.
In the period 1970-1976 Focus was the first continental European rock group to reach a worldwide audience. During this time the band toured extensively in the UK, the United States, Australia and Japan. The band released two worldwide hit singles, sold several million albums and was the first Dutch rock group to win the Melody Maker's Brightest Hope Award in 1972. A year later, Focus entered the US Billboard charts with two singles and two albums at the same time.
50 Years: Anthology 1970-1976" is curated by Focus / Jan Akkerman archivist Wouter Bessels and features long-awaited new remasters of their first seven albums as well as single tracks, alternative mixes, demos, original studio mixes and previously unreleased live recordings.
In addition, two DVDs contain more than 4 hours of audiovisual material from the archives of worldwide television stations, as well as the first official and long-awaited release of the 1973 concert film "Focus At The Rainbow", which was carefully remastered from the original 16mm film.
To the content:
- The first seven albums (released between 1970 and 1976), 24-bit remastered from the original tapes
- B-sides, single mixes and previously unreleased bonus tracks
- CD with the first official release of BBC In Concert 1973; in stereo from the BBC archive tapes
- CD with 80 minutes of previously unreleased concert recordings by Focus from 1971-1975
- 2 DVDs with the complete Focus At the Rainbow concert film from 1973, restored and remastered from the original 16mm film, two BBC 'Old Grey Whistle Test' shows from 1972 and BBC In Concert from 1974, as well as rare footage of Focus live in Dublin 1973, various clips, the 'Goud van Oud' reunion from 1990 and the 'Focus 2 Classic Albums' documentary from 1997
- 80-page booklet with band history, liner notes and various memorabilia